Thursday, January 31, 2013

click to give $10,000 to Alzheimer's

I just got this message on Facebook, from Max Wallack:

I am a 16 year old sophomore at Boston University who is dedicating his life to help Alzheimer’s patients and their caregivers. In 2008, I founded PuzzlesToRemember, which, by now, has distributed over 19,300 puzzles to Alzheimer’s facilities around the world. I also volunteer 20 hours a week in an Alzheimer’s research lab.
I recently learned that I am the recipient of a $1000 grant from KidsWhoGive, which is a philanthropic program run by Farm Rich Products. I will be donating these funds to the Molecular Psychiatry and Aging Lab at BUSM.
Donating consumer goods like puzzles is helpful, but the knowledge created from research can have a much wider and longer lasting impact on society. There are 5.8 Alzheimer's patients in this country alone, with a new patient being diagnosed every 58 seconds.
I recently learned that KidsWhoGive having a “run off” competition between the nine students they have chosen throughout 2012. These students are being voted on by the general public. The winner will receive $10,000 for their “cause” I would really like the opportunity to provide $10,000 for research at Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
Please vote here every day until Feb 5 and help me bring this money to research. Just click on the word “vote”
http://kidswhogive.com/vote-on-entries/entry/?submissionId=164
This is a wonderful opportunity for people to donate for Alzheimer’s research without it costing them anything. Please share this information with your colleagues, post on your facebook page, your blog and publicize anywhere else in order to get as many votes as possible. It could make all the difference!

1 comment:

Tablet PC said...

So nice idea