Monday, August 06, 2012

Another Award for Had a Dad Alzheimer's Blog

I've won another award for this blog.  I am humbled, really I am, that my rantings and musings can help others.

Healthline.com says of this site:

The award-winning “Had a Dad” Alzheimer’s Blog is a wonderful pit-stop for any caregiver needing a breath offresh {sic} air. This blogger’s opinionated, no-nonsense view of caregiving, dementias, and life after Alzheimer’s leaves readers feeling strangely comforted. A healthy dose of humor and sarcasm make this moving compilation of news and personal stories a true joy to visit.
So go ahead: read, laugh, learn, cry, and feel better in the knowledge that you have blogs like this to help light the way. Take advantage of her wisdom and advice while she still has the patience to give it!

1 comment:

leigh patterson said...

Hi there,

My name is Leigh Patterson and I'm reaching out from AlzCare New Braunfels, TX: I notice you have an AlzCare ad on your site and was wanting to reach out about an Alzheimer's Symposium we are hosting in New Braunfels in September.

The event, happening Sept. 12 at the McKenna Events Center, will feature panel discussions and various speakers on Alzheimer's research (More information is available on our website here: http://alzcare.net).

I was wondering if the event would be of any interest for coverage as a preview for your blog?
I would love to talk with you more about this if it is of any interest!

Thanks and all best,
Leigh
leighpatterson1@gmail.com