Thursday, October 11, 2007

140 seizure

My dad had a seizure this morning. He didn't eat his breakfast. His aide, the one he likes, went back in to try to feed him and found him on the floor in an active seizure. He hit his head and was bleeding badly. They bundled him to the same hospital that almost killed him last month.
My mom has to pay the full daily price PLUS $25 to hold the bed while he's in the hospital or he'll lose his spot in the (full) nursing home. She's paying. We like the place and they like him.
That's all I know right now.
Last year my mom's friend's husband started having seizures right before he died. He was way worse off than my dad though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I pray that your dad will be okay. D

Karma said...

Glad to hear that we're not the only ones, although frightened about what the seizures mean. My mom who has Alzheimer's and is in the late stages has been getting seizures frequently.