Wednesday, December 20, 2006

113 "what are you doing here?"

My dad ended up having to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic for his hand. It's still a little painful and there's quite a scab there.
He can be so funny. Sunday night we got to my grandmother's at the same time. I got out of the car and walked over to their car and my father says (I kid you not), "Hi! What are you doing here?" Like I don't come there every week.
Yesterday afternoon my mom called me to say my grandmother needed to go to the hospital and I had to go dad-sit. So I went over there after work. My mom had left me a note telling me what to cook for supper, what time to have tea, and what time to let the dog out to pee.
My father comes in and starts talking to me. Then he says "there's a girl coming." I replied, "that's me." But obviously that was too confusing for him. I made supper and set the table for two. My dad carried the food to the table and put it right next to his plate and said, "I guess it's just me." I sat down across from him and he looked at me and said "You're eating too?"
I went downstairs to check my email on their computer. He followed me. He was very upset that I didn't have my shoes on. Why I need shoes on to walk downstairs to a finished basement (where I used to LIVE) is beyond me. He started showing me all the pictures he'd hung on the walls, some of which have been there for years. Then he showed me a picture I drew as a child, of my guinea pig and my cat. I said, "I drew that. It's Bubbles and Nippy." He replied, in Bob-Speak, that he thought the other one drew it. Not sure who the other one is, I'm an only child. Then again, I'm no longer "the girl" since she was supposed to come over and I showed up.
Oh? Grandma? She had a muscle spasm in her back. Told my mother she had a heart attack. My father REALLY had a heart attack and he told my mother he was just tired.

No comments: