Friday, May 06, 2005

38: more on the accident

Mayatime: 12.19.12.4.14 13 Ix 12 Uo May 6, 2005

I have a few more details about my father's accident. He's never been in a car accident before, EVER in his life. That's pretty impressive and I wish I could say the same. He said he looked, there were no cars, and he pulled out, and there was a car, and he hit it. Then he panicked and just kept going.

I have to wonder if the "car from no where" ran a stop sign or something. I live 2 houses from an intersection, and I always look before I back out, but EVERYONE runs the stop sign, so one moment no one is there and the next moment some idiot comes barreling down the hill (it's REALLY steep) and flew around the corner: right behind my backing-out car!

My father just continued to his destination, which is where the cops caught up to him. The guy who works there came out and defended my dad (how nice of him), who is a regular customer. My father gave the cops a card with my mom's number at work, and they called her. I guess they didn't believe he's got Alzheimer's, even though he's got the Safe Return bracelet on. So many people don't know what it's really like. I didn't...even a year ago I had no clue what it really was. We learn the hard way sometimes.

Evidently, when I came over on Tuesday, my father had it in his head that my mother called me and told me to come over and yell at him. That's why he wouldn't look at me or talk to me. I would NOT yell at my mentally-ill father. If my husband had done it, yeah I'd yell and kick his butt too. But it's not my dad's fault. His thinking is impaired. Aliens have stolen his brain. Damn them. Damn them to whatever Hell they believe in.

No comments: