Wednesday, March 08, 2006

58 No vacation with dad this year

My cousin (grandson of the aunt who died of Alzheimer's in 2004) is getting married this summer, 2 days before my birthday. The original plan was that he was going to get married on a cruise ship. But he changed his mind; he's getting married in Las Vegas. I've never been, don't particularly WANT to go, but he's pretty much all I've got for family besides my parents and grandma. So I'll be there the week of 4th of July. Since we were going to go to Cape Cod again the second week of August, that's not going to happen. I can't get that much time off. And I can't afford it--I don't get vacation pay.
I feel bad. I should be spending time with my dad. And given the choice, I'd rather spend a week on the beach in Plymouth than in the freakin' desert.

No comments: